This is a really fun game :D. Loving every second of it. Nice job on turning a shmup into a bullet hell
A downloadable game for Windows
- RETRO VISUALS! - A whole FOUR colours!
- EASY TO CONTROL! - Your ship autofires, so you only have to worry about dodging and aiming
- FUNKY 8 BIT SOUNDS! - Music and Sound Effects that compliment the game's graphic
- KILLER COMBOS! - Blast your enemies and watch as they explode into chunks and watch further as those chunks hurl into other enemies to cause chain reactions.
- LEVEL UP AND UNLOCK! - Level up as you build up your score. Unlock new colour palettes and ship designs.
- SAUCEY STATS! - The game monitors stats such as deaths, kills and combos!.
“Splodey Vaders is a classic shoot ’em up with a twist. From what started as a riff on Space Invaders, developer Stuart Lilford threw in a smattering of Asteroids and shook things up. It’s got some great aesthetics, with a real Game Boy vibe.” – wordsaboutgames.net
By Joshua Mbewe (Laxcity Music)
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Fantastic game! Love This stile!
Interesting game, looks like Galaxians or similar but plays completely differently! With debris and score multipliers this was very different and quickly became very challenging. Would have liked the ability to turn off SFX (the shooting effect was very monotonous after a while!) and kept the music, which I quite liked, unless I missed that option?
Overall nicely done, sir!
Hey Stuart. Could you let me know what engine this is made on please?
Hello! I loved your game it was really well made, looked awesome and was an utter joy to play! I made a let's play of your game here~